Santa Dash Launch 2014Thousands of people dressed as Father Christmas running through Victoria Park on what would have otherwise been a calm, quiet Sunday morning. What could be more hilarious?? We just don’t know.
Following its overwhelming success last year, the annual Santa Dash charity run is back on Sunday 7th December 2014 and FoodCycle is delighted to be inviting all of our friends, volunteers and supporters to get involved. The idea is pretty simple: dress up like Santa, get your friends and family to sponsor you, and join the hordes of Santas running 5km or 10km through Victoria Park for charity.
In case you needed more incentive to sign up, here are 5 excellent reasons for taking part in the Santa Dash 2014 for FoodCycle:
- Joining FoodCycle’s team of friendly, funny and enthusiastic Santas for what promises to be a great day out
- Getting some exercise before the indulgence of Christmas and really earning those mince pies throughout the festive period
- Helping FoodCycle serve even more meals to those who otherwise might go hungry this Christmas
- The satisfaction of finishing without worrying about coming first or last, as the Santa Dash is all about having fun, whether this means walking, jogging or actually dashing to the finish line
- And crucially… You get to keep the Santa outfit included in your race pack!!
The registration fee is £22, which covers your place in the run, a finishers’ FoodCycle t-shirt and an actual Santa outfit provided by the event managers. We’ve set a fundraising target of £100, which might sound daunting but remember that FoodCycle will be there to support you throughout your fundraising process.
Here are some fundraising ideas to get you started:
- Ask your mates to give you £1 per km you run. That way if they have no faith in your athletic abilities you can prove them wrong by finishing the race and pinching their pounds.
- Festive fivers: get everyone in your office, flat or group of friends to write their name on a fiver and then put the notes in a Santa hat. Then split the total between FoodCycle and whoever’s fiver gets drawn from the hat.
- Ask your company if they’d consider match-funding, an easy and convenient way of doubling your total with zero effort.
Because we’re a friendly bunch and we don’t want you to have to go it alone, drop us a message at [email protected] to get more fundraising tips or information on the event.
Ready to sign up? Click this link https://www.doitforcharity.com/book-online.aspx?eid=2759 and follow the steps.
See you at the start line!